In Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood, take the role of Ezio Auditore da Firenze, 16th-century assassin, and engage in just a small slice of a millennia-spanning war between the Assassin’s Order and the Order of the Knights Templar. The Templars are an organization bent on taking over the world and forcing their own idea of perfection upon it - purpose, order and control - at the expense of individual free will. You also take the role of present day Assassin, Desmond Miles, as you work with a group of rogue scientists to unravel the mysteries of the Assassin’s past to fight the Templars in the present.
The Assassin’s Order is not the only thing in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood that upholds the principle of individual freedom; the game’s rich, open world allows you to explore the faded grandeur of Renaissance-era Rome, experiencing historical vistas and events and tackling game objectives on your own terms. Download Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood to find hours of gameplay in Rome’s back alleys, nooks and crannies, giving you the opportunity to explore and complete side missions that enrich the game world’s storyline. It is a game that you can take at your own pace, whether you prefer to blaze through or stop and smell the roses.
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood’s melee combat system is the most engaging system yet in the series. The skills of an Assassin are rooted in finesse, dexterity and acrobatics, and the game's combat system reflects that. Everything from simple movement to complex melee attacks is fluid, intuitive and engaging. Traverse rooftops, walls and ledges in parkour style, and fight enemies with acrobatic stunts that range from simple jumps and dodges to attacks from horseback. Use counterattacks and disarms to even the odds against armed attackers, and kill multiple enemies in a row by starting execution streaks that get more and more powerful with each blow.
If you assume the job title “Assassin” means fully solitary gameplay, you’re in for a surprise. Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood for PC features an intense multiplayer game mode for the first time in the series. Take on the role of a Templar in training at the Abstergo facility and play eight different game modes to pit your stealth and assassination skills against other players from around the world. Play in a variety of training facilities based on Renaissance-era cities. Hunt down and assassinate a target player while avoiding notice and escaping the clutches of other players hired to assassinate you.
As the third installment in the Assassin’s Creed series, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood continues a riveting historical fiction that spans the entirety of modern history. Behind the scenes of history lies an age-old conflict between the individualistic Assassins and the collectivistic Templars. This game's classic story weaves its way through both the present day and the Renaissance era as it follows the parallel paths of Desmond Miles and his ancestor, legendary assassin Ezio Auditore da Firenze. Both seek to eliminate the greed, corruption and tyranny that their Templar foes have created. No matter what happens, it is sure to be a wild ride."
• MASTER THE POSSIBILITIES : As Ezio, a legendary Master Assassin, experience over 15 hours of single-player gameplay set in the living, breathing, unpredictable city of Rome.
• LEAD A LEGENDARY BROTHERHOOD : Recruit and train promising young Assassins. Deploy them across the city as you see fit, or call upon them to aid you in your quests.
• EXPERIENCE A RICH HISTORICAL TAPESTRY : Collaborate with real historical characters such as Leonardo da Vinci, Niccolo Machiavelli and Caterina Sforza.
• WIN THE HEART OF A CITY : Use your hard-won currency to revitalize the crumbling capital city. Rally the citizens to your cause and unlock extra factions and missions.
• DEPLOY SECRET WEAPONS : Swiftly eliminate your enemies using tools such as poison darts, parachutes, double hidden blades, hidden guns, and an advanced flying machine at your disposal.
• MEMORABLE MULTIPLAYER : Choose from multiple authentic character classes, each with their own signature weapons and killing moves. With richly-detailed maps and a wide variety of unique multiplayer modes, you’ll never fight the same way twice.
© 2010 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Assassin’s Creed, Ubisoft, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB